Passing out the Turkeys, Part III
Lincoln, New Hampshire, the heart of the White Mountains
The tradition continues! This is the third year we are giving Thanksgiving turkeys to all of our employees. As this tradition grows in tenure, it takes on a new and special meaning each year – and it keeps getting better.
In 2019 we gave each employee a turkey. In 2020 we gave a turkey and a pie from The Moon Café. This year we added another special treat for our employees.
As we look back on 2021, we are thankful for many things:
- Our team is healthy – despite a couple COVID-19 scares, we are in good shape (fingers crossed) and so are our families. May this trend continue.
- Our family and friends who have and continue to support us – on our good days, our not so good days, and the challenging ones as well.
- Organizations such as the Granite Backcountry Alliance, White Mountains Trail Collective, Friends of Tuckerman Ravine, the AMC and many others that help preserve and maintain our amazing outdoor spaces.
- Organizations such as Pemi Search and Rescue, Lakes Region Search and Rescue, Ammonoosuc Search and Rescue who help those of use in need.
- New England Disabled Sports, Mt. Washington Valley Adaptive Sports, and others who get more people outside enjoying the spectacular beauty of the White Mountains - and building confidence and self-esteem.
- For The Moon bakery down the hall and the occasional drop off of free pastries!
- Not only making it through our second year in business, but growing and getting stronger.
- Launching numerous new products despite a challenging supply chain and myriad obstacles.
- The support we have received from residents, visitors, businesses and non-profits throughout the White Mountains.
- Field & Stream naming our Flume base layer the “Best overall hiking shirt” for 2021!
- Our wonderful customers who make this all possible.
“Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude.” Winnie the Pooh
We are not sure of the size of Burgeon’s heart, but the amount of gratitude we have for everyone who has helped us on this journey knows no bounds. We are truly blessed and thankful this year.
~Cathy, Marlies, Sabrina, Nilia, Justin, Charmaine, Tyler, & Rudy
Burgeon Outdoor was founded in 2019. Burgeon’s mission is to create a better tomorrow for mountain communities such as Lincoln, NH where we are based. Burgeon proudly manufactures premium outdoor apparel in Lincoln, NH. By manufacturing locally, Burgeon creates year round jobs in the White Mountains. 5% of Burgeon’s sales support its community and environmental efforts. To learn more, please visit our studio at the Village Shops in Lincoln, our website burgeonoutdoor.com or call us at 603-745-7123.
Ralph Jesseman said:
I bought a superb outer shell, and 2 base layer shirts. Used them all this week hiking, and they are a great valve, they worked every bit as Justin said they would. Glad to have purchased my items, and I’ll definitely buy more!!!!