Passing out the Turkeys, Part IV
Lincoln, NH, the heart of the White Mountains. We are so honored to continue this wonderful tradition at Burgeon Outdoor. While many things have changed at Burgeon over the past year, this tradition runs strong – despite new realities. Each Thanksgiving we offer each of our employees the opportunity to take home a turkey for Thanksgiving dinner (and we threw in a pie this year for good measure!).
In the past, we were able to hand out the turkeys in one session. With the growth of our team and the opening of our production facility in Gorham, we had to adapt this year. Instead of one passing of the turkeys, we had three! It made things a little more challenging, but it was great to pass them out three times!
As we look back on 2022, we are grateful for many things.
- We were able to welcome Tina, Jamie, Karen, Christine, Ruth, Aaron, Delia, Tim, Adelaide, and Tyler to our growing team. Each of them has made an impact in many ways during the past months. We are excited by their enthusiasm, talent, and love of our mission.
- Surviving another year in business. When we started this endeavor, most people thought we were crazy – and maybe they were right, but we close out 2022 in a much stronger position in all measures than we were a year ago. Lots of great new products such as the Tuckerman Jacket, Hearthside Cowl Neck, Highlander Full Zip, and more are on their way in the coming weeks – stay tuned!
- Our amazing customers. As many of you know, a young woman went missing on the Franconia Ridge a short time ago. We have had numerous customers who have stopped in the studio the past few days after volunteering to go look for her. While these efforts have remained unsuccessful to this point, it is a powerful reminder of how special this community is – and how we all look out for each other.
- Speaking of looking out for each other, a shoutout to all the Search and Rescue teams (PEMI SAR, Lakes Region SAR, Androscoggin Valley SAR, Mountain Rescue Service, Mount Washington Volunteer Ski Patrol), First Responders, volunteers, and others who are there for our community when we need it the most.
- The numerous organizations that help to preserve and maintain our wonderful environment as well as those that help expand access to these special places. Thank you AMC, Friends of Tuckerman Ravine, Granite Backcountry Alliance, New England Disabled Sports, Mt. Washington Valley Adaptive Sports, and the various community organizations that create opportunities for so many.
- Our vendors and partners who have helped us, offered guidance, and helped us create great products.
- Our families, friends and supporters who have helped us more times than we can count in the past year. We have faced numerous challenges in the past year, but someone has always stepped in when it appeared we were lost and given us a lift when we needed it the most. It really was darkest just before the dawn – and thank you to those who shined us some light when we needed it the most.
“At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us.” – Albert Schweitzer
On behalf of everyone at Burgeon,